Sunday, July 24, 2011


Dad has a nook, I read a paper book, 7/15/2011

July 24, 2011-Upper Marlboro, MD

Some observations about the Mississippi trip before I forget:

  • Earlier, I mentioned that we were stuck in the airport in Kansas City for so long that electronic devices were running out of battery power. I remarked to Michael that someone should invent charging stations for airports. Lo and behold, when we got to the Minneapolis airport a little later, there they were! Amazing! Someone who must have been able to read my mind invented and installed these things while we were in the air. Is this a great country, or what?!
  • Interstates are great for long distance travel, but the local highways we took on this trip give you a real picture of small-town America. It's interesting but also kind of sad. Many of these towns failed in the late 1800s. They still operate, but they're not thriving. And with low-paying jobs and low property values, many of the residents can't afford to move.
  • I enjoyed being alone with Michael on this trip, and I think he enjoyed our time together as well. I'd never before been alone with Michael--or with Donna, for that matter--for more than an hour or so. It was a nice experience which I really will treasure.

2 comments:

  1. Dad, you forgot the time you and I went to the Na. Zoo together after Dave and I broke up. Just the two of us went and we spent all day together. I'm sure mom suggested that you take me since I was living with you guys at the time and probably moping around the house. Anyway, I can clearly picture us standing on the Metro platform, probably at Addison Road, waiting for a train to Woodley Park and me hanging onto your every word soaking up whatever words of wisdom you were sending my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be getting all the money sister, but I'm gettin' the love!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete