Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday, August 29, 2010.

Getting back to normal. Yesterday Serry spent a major portion of the day doing wash. I worked outside cleaning up big branches in the backyard from a big storm a couple of weeks ago. And I spent half the day trimming bushes and pulling weeds. It's amazing what two months can do. I had the lawn cut while we were gone, but hasn't been cut in a week or so, and the yard looked like a vacant lot. I'll have the guy cut it once more, and then I'll take over. Then we went to Costco. The excitement keeps on keeping on.

Today I cleaned up the car (which ran flawlessly the whole trip--thank God), and then we went for a bike ride. Like I said: getting back to normal. A couple of things: Although we haven't been away all that long, when we came back Friday, I couldn't immediately remember how I always make salad or where we keep the napkins. And I guess because we left a day after summer began and have returned when it's about over, I kind of feel that we've missed summer. How goofy is that?

Tomorrow we'll probably go to the gym and Serry will get her hair and nails done. Wednesday I'm playing golf, and Thursday the Pedones stop overnight on their way to a wedding in the Carolinas. By the end of the week, it'll be hard to remember that we were ever away. Time to plan a trip somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment