Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Upper Marlboro, July 13, 2011

After we returned from our great American road trip last year, I promised myself I would continue the blog as things I thought were interesting occurred. Lots of interesting things occurred--Donna and John got engaged, Michael and Kim had their post-wedding party in Richmond, my nieces in Connecticut, Christina and Nicole, had their first babies, my niece in New Jersey, Jennifer, married Dan--but of course I never did the blog. Too busy (i.e., lazy).

But last fall Michael suggested that he and I take a father-son driving trip along the Mississippi River. Now it's about to happen. On Friday (7/15) morning we're flying out of DC to Minneapolis, MN. There we rent a car and travel north to the river's headwaters at Lake Itasca, MN, and then we'll travel down to St. Louis and fly home from there the following Friday. Should be fun. There's one problem, though. Because of the shut-down of the Minnesota government, the state park at Lake Itasca will probably be closed.


1 comment:

  1. Dad-
    Arlen just wrote me an email that said "Enjoy your trip to the land of 10,000 lakes-- and zero government!"

    See you tonight!

    M

    ReplyDelete